Monday, August 15, 2005

Well, she said it.

Two quotes from one of Cindy's daily rants:

George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14) WHAT!!!!!????? He has to get on with his life!!! I am so offended by that statement. Every person, war fan, or not, who has had a child killed in this mistake of an occupation should be highly offended by that remark. Who does he think he is? I wish I could EVER be able to get on with my life. Getting on with my life means a life without my dear, sweet boy. Getting on with my life means learning to live with a pain that is so intense that sometimes I feel like throwing up, or screaming until I pass out from sorrow. I wish a little bike ride could help me get on with my life.
Oh Cindy, you hit the nail on the head, and you didn't even see it.

Cindy you need to GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. He is gone. Move on. He chose something you despise. Deal with it. He gave his life to save others, respect it.

I am more convinced then ever that her biggest problem is that she cannot face reality.

But then I saw this...
I need to focus on the positive, though, and there is so much. I had so many amazing things happen today. I couldn't walk through Camp Casey or the Crawford Peace House today without hugging people and getting my picture taken. Now I know how Mickey Mouse feels at Disneyland.
And that is interesting too....I guess being the grieving mom has its perks.

Sad.

Maureen Down says referring to Cindy that "The moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute"

I assume then that on the other side, Lynn Kelly and Linda Ryan, two more grieving moms who also buried children killed in Iraq, have that same Moral Authority.

Lets hear from them then:

I don't agree" with Sheehan's views, said Lynn Kelly...whose son, Marine Cpl. Sean P. Kelly, was killed in a helicopter crash in Iraq in January.

"I wouldn't say, 'Bush, you killed my son.' I don't agree with that," said Kelly.

"I think we had to do something and I believe that ultimately, I was one of the few that had to make the ultimate sacrifice, which isn't fair, in my eyes," she said.

"But I don't believe that Mr. Bush was the one that pulled the trigger," said Kelly.

She said she believes there are other issues she could address with the president, but not the issue of the war.

"I think we needed to be there, something needed to be done," said Kelly

"As far as what is happening now, our country wasn't built in 17 or 18 months, either. It's going to take time. Unfortunately, we got stuck in the middle of all this," she said.

I would tell Cindy Sheehan that, as one mother to another, I do realize your loss is your loss and there's nothing you can do to heal from it," said Linda Ryan, the mother of Marc T. Ryan, of Gloucester City, was killed in an explosion in Ramadi, Iraq in November.

"George Bush didn't kill her son, it's the evildoers who have no value of life who killed her son. Her son made a decision to join the Armed Forces and defend our country, knowing that, at any time, war could come about," Ryan said.

"She's going about this not realizing how many people she's hurting. When she refers to anyone killed in Iraq, she's referring to my son. She doesn't have anything to say about what happened to my son," said Ryan.

"There is nothing in this world that can describe the agony of worry, the lack of sleep that comes from a child being in harm's way. I kept saying his training would get him through, and it did get him through more events than I can count," she said.

"I'm a proud Marine mom. I've earned the right to say, 'Semper Fi.' I'm a Marine's daughter, a Marine's wife and a Marine's mom," Ryan said.

"Marc believed in what he was doing and he couldn't leave his brother (Marines). He would say, 'If just one child lives to love America, I've done my job,'" she said.

"I don't agree (with Sheehan). I have a right to say that. My son fought for my right to say that," Ryan said.



Let all voices be heard......